"There are two kinds of adventurers: those who go truly hoping to find adventure and those who go secretly hoping they won't."

Rabindranath Tagore
Nobel Prize Winner for Literature 1913

May you be the first as I am! Warning: That may mean you fall flat on your face at times.

Monday, March 23

Hanging Gardens.

Kids taking everything out of the box. It's really light.

Daddy and a hammer got it put together in all of 5 minutes. (This was after complaining that they actually had to read the directions not just look at the picture for 10 minutes, gotta get reading in where I can, lol!)

Fill up the bottom with water or sand, we used water so we can take it with us when we move. Water's easier to empty than sand.

Turn the plants upside down and put them threw the holes. Make sure you don't get plants that are to big.

Little ones (and short mamas) will need a step stool.

Put in the topsoil over your plants.

We made our own pop bottle waters (yes I know just don't tell the kids that mommy makes up words) only we messed up by cutting the bottoms off. Poke some holes on it around the neck. Fill it up, put the lid on and tip it over. If the bottom is on it'll slowly let the water out watering the soil for you. If you cut the bottom off (*cough* like mommy said to do) it just all runs out as fast as it can. The instructions at the link cut the bottom off but poke holes in the lid. I might try that and see if it works a bit better.

Add seeds or other plants to the top. We picked flowers. Now you're done.
Now the long wait, lol at least that's the way our 5 year old feels. "The tomatoes are taking to long, mommy tell them to hurry up like you do me."

I'll post the pictures from my part of the garden (the square foot garden) later. Now that I figured out how to do it and feel like a putz cause it took me close to three hours to notice the picture tab at the top. >.<

1 comment:

Tori said...

Nice. I'm not exactly sure what it'll look like. I need to look at the product picture more closely... but it sounds awesome! I have to get my pictures up of our purchase today. WOW! We're going to be GROWIN some stuff!!! ^_^ I just hope and pray the weather is good and the bugs don't ruin our growth.

You gotta get pictures of your SFG up as soon as you can, too. I'm so excited you're using that method! I think you're going to be SO impressed. (*_*)