"There are two kinds of adventurers: those who go truly hoping to find adventure and those who go secretly hoping they won't."

Rabindranath Tagore
Nobel Prize Winner for Literature 1913

May you be the first as I am! Warning: That may mean you fall flat on your face at times.

Friday, April 10

How do you find things like that?

"How do you find things like this?" This was the question posed to me by hubby tonight after I asked to look at something I found. I hear this often but gave me my topic for today. It also gives you a little insight into my mind, lol, continue only if you dare!

My search started on ask.com with one simple word, "contest". The first choice is a neat contest guide page that lists a number of different contests that they know about. Click on the coffee one, I love my cup of coffee each morning, down to only one now and I'm not willing to give it up. Big bonus is my charity gets something too! Click the solar electric one, always interested in where this is going and if I can win a system all the better. Check out the products for residential. Hummmm, will that actually work? It's just a little motor? Good thing I have a hubby that knows plenty about electrical things.

So hubby tells me a bunch of stuff that to be perfectly honest, I haven't got a clue what it was. So more simply put its a motor that kinda of acts like a battery. It catches some of the energy that comes in the house and is usually lost then puts it back into the house when it's needed. It's a whole lot more complicated than that, but at it's basic function that's what it does. No solar panels needed, that's a different system.

Then the look, you know the one, "only you". And then.......here it comes............."How do you find things like that?"

Just one of the little adventures in our life that makes it go!

No comments: